PARENTING WITH POSITIVE DISCIPLINE
If you are interested in the course, let me know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parenting with Positive Discipline helps children develop self-discipline and problem-solving skills, become more responsible and cooperative, have greater respect for themselves and others. The teachings of Positive Discipline are filled with non-punitive and non-permissive methods that will build relationships and keep the lines of communication open.
This course is designed for families with children up to the age of 10. It allows parents and caregivers to go through the process of changing how they look at misbehavior and their role as parents. Parents learn many of the Positive Discipline tools through experiential learning experiences.
These are the topics that are covered during the course:
1. Listening (Wat do you want for your children, curiosity questions)
2. Connection (kind and firm, brain in the palm of the hand, connection before correction)
3. Belief behind (children’s) behavior (Mistaken goal chart)
4. Sibling rivalry (birth order)
5. What to do when children misbehave (natural and logical consequences, focusing on solutions, family meetings, routine charts)
6. Praise vs encouragement
7. How parents may contribute to mistaken goal behavior (your childhood decisions)
These are just some underlying principles of Positive Discipline:
Be Kind and Firm;
Connection before Correction;
There is a belief behind behavior;
A misbehaving child is a discouraged child.
You will learn how to:
Get into your child’s world;
Connect with your child;
Have fewer power struggles;
Choose your battles;
Encourage, encourage, encourage;
Use discipline to teach;
Be firm and kind;
Feel more confident and peaceful in your parenting;
Take care of yourself;
Let the message of love get through;
You will learn by:
Actively participating in the class rather than passive learning that is less helpful;
Practicing new skills through role-playing;
Practicing new skills with your own child(ren) during the week;
Getting encouraging feedback as you learn how difficult it can be to change old habits.
The course consist of 8 one and a half hour sessions. The first session is a free trial.
Dates: Fridays, to be decided.
Location: Online, via ZOOM.
Time: 12.00 – 13.30.
Cost of a course of 8 one and a half hour classes: 240 euros (340 euros for a couple).
The cost includes:
- 8 interactive classes;
- Weekly practice assignments;
- Electronical version of “The Positive Discipline Workbook”;
- Electronical version of “Positive Discipline Parenting Tools”.
The cost does not include:
- a book which you are advised to read (not compulsory).
Payment can be made by simple transfer, IBAN: BE13 7350 2134 5139, Aiste Grubliauskiene
Facilitator: Aiste Grubliauskiene is a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator. She is also a psychologist who consults children and adults in Tervuren and Brussels.
Places are limited so booking is essential. To register for the course, please contact Aiste at email@example.com or +32474065006. When registering, indicate the age of your child(ren) and the BCT membership number with its expiration date.