PARENTING WITHOUT PUNISHMENT AND REWARDS
This course helps parents to help children develop self-discipline and problem-solving skills, become more responsible and cooperative, have greater respect for themselves and others. The teachings are filled with non-punitive and non-permissive methods that will build relationships and keep the lines of communication open.
This course is designed for families with children up to the age of 10. It allows parents and caregivers to go through the process of changing how they look at misbehavior and their role as parents. Parents learn many of the parenting tools through experiential learning experiences.
The course is based mostly on Positive Discipline and other respectful ways to parenting. These are just some underlying principles of Positive Discipline:
Be Kind and Firm;
Connection before Correction;
There is a belief behind behavior;
A misbehaving child is a discouraged child.
You will learn how to:
Get into your child’s world;
Connect with your child;
Have fewer power struggles;
Choose your battles;
Encourage, encourage, encourage;
Use discipline to teach;
Be firm and kind;
Feel more confident and peaceful in your parenting;
Take care of yourself;
Let the message of love get through;
You will learn by:
Actively participating in the class rather than passive learning that is less helpful;
Practicing new skills through role-playing;
Practicing new skills with your own child(ren) during the week;
Getting encouraging feedback as you learn how difficult it can be to change old habits.
The course consist of 6 two and a half hour sessions.
Dates: Fridays, May 6 & 13, June 3, 10, 17, & 24.
Location: Constant Dereymaekerlaan 33, 3080 Tervuren.
Time: 12.00 – 14.30
Cost: 240 euros (340 euros for a couple).
The cost includes:
- 6 interactive classes;
- Weekly practice assignments;
- Printed Version of “The Positive Discipline Workbook”;
- Printed version of “Positive Discipline Parenting Tools”;
- A cozy place to meet with a possibility to have tea or coffee.
The cost does not include:
- a book which you are advised to read (not compulsory)
To register to the course:
- write an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the age(s) and name(s) of your child(ren). If you have additional questions, you can always call me at 0474065006.
- transfer the payment (IBAN: BE13 7350 2134 5139, Aiste Grubliauskiene)
Facilitator: Aiste Grubliauskiene, PhD. I am a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and a Clinical Psychologist.